Enoggera Interchange

We have major interchanges at rather small stations (Enoggera, Banoon etc) but why can’t we have them at Northgate and Eagle Junction etc…

At least Toombuls makes sense…

2 Likes

I’m a big proponent for adding Carseldine to the express stopping pattern for this reason. An interchange at Northgate would be nice and all, but the land to the east is mostly industrial and it’s a bit out of the way. Carseldine already has a solid interchange and is much better positioned to serve the northern suburbs of Brisbane.

5 Likes

Would the Gympie Express also stop there?

I’d say so since it wouldn’t save any time avoiding it I imagine. The Gympie North Service already catches up to the previous Caboolture service between Petrie and Caboolture.

I reckon some Caboolture trains should stop all stations between Northgate and Petrie, so people would be able to get to/from the city easier rather than waiting for an overpopulated Redcliffe service.

I actually wouldn’t be entirely against timetabling every second Caboolture and every second Kippa-Ring service to run express. Problem is that it would be short lived since I can’t see Caloundra services running all stops Petrie to Northgate.

Long term I’d like to see 3 services:

  • Petrie all-stops service
  • Kippa-Ring express Petrie to Bowen Hills
  • Sunshine Coast express Petrie to Bowen Hills

This would probably require quading Northgate to Petrie though…

2 Likes

Ummm… there’s no interchange at Banoon. There’s a bus bay for changing to rail buses when the line north of Banoon is closed - that’s it.

AFAIK, neither Banoon or Sunnybank are serviced by any regular bus routes. The nearest bus stop to Sunnybank is ~300m up Station Road, and the “Troughton Road at Banoon” stop is about ~450m from Banoon Station.

3 Likes

The solution is to run more Redcliffe services.

4 Likes

I was thinking of Nerang, or pretty much any of the GC stops except for Beenleigh, Helensvale and VL

1 Like

Varsity Lakes does have a bus interchange too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Helensvale has quite a substantial bus interchange, as well as being a bus/train/tram interchange.

Beenleigh also has a reasonably large, but very dated, bus interchange as well.

Yeah, I meant those stations actually make sense to have a massive Interchange.

CMIWR, but there is a bus that goes from Robina to Nerang, and a bus that goes from Helensvale to Varsity Lakes.

Fun fact about Helensvale station: I’m pretty sure it’s the only place in the world where a standard gauge light rail line meets up with a narrow gauge heavy rail line.

3 Likes

According to Gemini, Hakedoki, Toyama (Japan) and Innsbruck (Austria) are other examples of that.

1 Like

Isn’t Caloundra going to takeover the Nambour services? Caboolture services will still run to supplement

Caloundra will get at least 4 trains per hour. There may be Caboolture terminators / originators in peak, but probably not off peak.

I think Gemini got it wrong - the metre gauge in Innsbruck is tram or light rail and the standard gauge is heavy rail according to openrailwaymap.org

I don’t think Hakedoki exists - Hakodate has narrow gauge heavy rail trains meeting broader gauge trams, but the latter are at the unusual gauge of 1372mm (4ft6).

Toyama trams are narrow gauge (Toyama City Tram Line - Wikipedia)

Always check AI’s sources.

7 Likes

What will happen to KBLs Railbus?

Hard to say. Maybe it’ll be deleted, or if there’s still insufficient track capacity to run enough services between Beerwah and Nambour, maybe it’ll be truncated to Beerwah.

1 Like

I suspect it’ll be the latter.