Then why are the Northgate terminators displayed as grey instead of blue as they are timetabled as Shorncliffe line services?
The damage on the Ippy line …
QR FB:
UPDATE 10:58am: IPSWICH LINE: Customers, due to extensive damage to our overhead line equipment, repairs will continue into this evening. Rail replacement buses are now operating regularly between Ipswich and Darra stations in both directions. These buses will continue to replace train services for the remainder of the day. We’ll keep you updated and appreciate your patience while we work to restore the rail line.
The best thing about major disruptions is that sometimes there is altered running. Coming home from Taringa the UP train ran on the main down from Corinda, good use of the bi-di signalling.
^ Historical relic. They really should be dark blue since these are the only all-stations services north of Eagle Junction.
Bike etiquette I suppose ![]()
I wonder if the rules will be relaxed for the QTMPs’, since I’ve heard they’re more accessible to cyclists/e-scooter users
These points are mostly reasonable but if a customer was boarding in the first carriage and saw 2 other bikes already there it’s not reasonable for them to simply miss a train and wait 30 minutes. It would be impossible to reach the other end of the train before it departed.
As I said before: move the bike/scooter boarding area to the middle of the train as there’s plenty of space in there.
The wheelchair/mobility device areas are usually occupied by, what? Two people at most per train?
Interesting. According to Translink reported services restored at 6:42pm.
X:
Update: Ipswich line trains have resumed between Darra and Ipswich after earlier suspension due to severe weather. Rail replacement buses will continue to help get you moving. https://bit.ly/4nrXmkv
6:42 PM · Oct 27, 2025
Had a need to catch the 26 for the first time this morning. Was on the service which was 08:15 ex-UMG station (2nd last). Essentially someone in all rows leaving Gabba. Dropped off one along Main St. Not sure how much is typical versus wet weather but we were bumper to bumper crawling from Gabba to River Tce intersection then 40kmph or so from there to Valley and lost 8 min along the way. Oh how I wish Brisbane knew of bus lanes.
A much-needed sleeper replacement program between Toowoomba and Thallon is underway.
I was on a Sherwood railbus at around 9pm, bound to Springfield Central. The overall experience was mildly dissapointing, as a queue of people wrapped around the street in pitch darkness, with minimal communication directed by the Thompson’s staff on-site.
However, the railbus was on-time I must concede.
Nonetheless, I feel like railbuses alone should be why the state government should reconsider their metrobus plans for the Sunshine Coast (Maroocydoore + Airport) ![]()
![]()
Seems to be various small issues on Sunshine Coast line tonight. Boom gates stuck down earlier at Caboolture during PM peak, and now a signal fault somewhere north of Elimbah..
Not been a good day, someone took out the boom gates at Landsborough this morning, perhaps that should have been the sign to stay home.
Playing around on Google Maps looking back at old designs for stations.
Firstly, Cleveland looks hot. That old clock tower and the arch entryway with the old QR logo chef’s kiss
Secondly, I find it funny Wello still uses the old circa-2007 QR logo for the station sign out front, with no Translink logo in sight.
Is it normal for the Mains sector trains to use the Suburban track pair from Central to Northgate on weekends? If so, why? Why do they cram all the train services onto a single 28tph track pair? I was on a Redcliffe train that did exactly that.
Maybe weather related this weekend?
The trains using one track pair through the CBD was mentioned quite a bit in BrizCommuter’s blogs (@BrissyCommuter, are you the guy behind the blogs?).
Found a blog from 2015 that includes this except below:
http://brizcommuter.blogspot.com/2015/05/translink-information-slow-verload.html (dead link, but anyway)
I believe the single track running is to allow for track walks to be completed. You’ll notice that Saturday morning uses the opposite track pair to Sunday morning.



