I’ve seen it on TfB, Clarks, Transdev… Basically all operators. Just look alongside the doors.
Interesting! I don’t venture outside of the BCC LGA much tbch ![]()
X: Update: Beenleigh, Cleveland and Gold Coast line trains travelling away from Central are delayed up to 15 minutes due to a broken-down train. Rail replacement buses are being arranged to get you moving again. http://bit.ly/46KIZ5m
X: Cleveland line trains are currently suspended between Wynnum and Manly due to a road vehicle striking a rail bridge at Wynnum. There are delays of up to 30 minutes in both directions.
bit.ly/3Vs21Hs
QR FB: RESOLVED 8:45AM: Customers, the broken-down train at South Brisbane has now been moved and services have resumed operation through the area.
Route 16 running this morning using TfB rigids and “SHUTTLE” supplementary desto.
R888 seems to be the real “metro” frequencies. Saw at least 5 (both directions) in under 5 min just after 9am around Buranda.
Loganholme Bus Station carpark this morning was as busy as this time last week (~half a dozen spots remaining at 7:05am-ish, despite it now being the school holidays. That could represent some additional use by regular rail station patrons from Beenleigh (in my eyes, this is probably the most likely location to travel to Loganholme over using rail buses).
I did see quite a few rail buses going in this morning. A combination of them and regular services filled up the platforms at 8MP and UMG, so my 569 simply bypassed them - it was the fastest run in I’ve had in ages!
Why did I see a Santa’s express train at Roma street. I don’t remember Santa being active in months are aren’t December
Coincidentally, I saw a BCC bus displaying “happy holidays” last week! ![]()
They’ve started early. I reckon they should wait until after Halloween (Oct 31).
It could mean “Happy (school) holidays”, but I think it’s more likely it’s just a mistake. I’ve seen plenty of whacky destos on out of service buses
I decided to come in via Rochedale Station this morning to see how things were going there. The carpark was about 3/4 full when I arrived just before 8am, and there was a reasonable crowd on the platform.
In the 7 odd minutes I was there, three rail buses turned up (the R787 to Eagle Junction and 2x R589s) none of which seemed to gain or shed large numbers of passengers at the station. HOWEVER, there was a reasonable line of people getting on the next Clarks express service that came in - the 573 which I caught. This service filled up with a substantial number of standees (think standees from the front back to the rear door), with the majority of these standees then getting off at Eight Miles Plains, likely to get on an M1 instead.
Whether this is a regular occurrence by Rochedale patrons used to getting on largely full Clarks services, I’m not sure. I can’t say I’ve noticed it before, but I’m usually on buses that bypass the station. I don’t think its related to the rail shutdown - why would a large number rail bus passengers would get off at Rochedale and travel one stop to 8MP, when all but one of the railbuses that services Rochedale doesn’t service 8MP as well (the Eagle Junction Express).
Cleveland line trains are currently suspended between Wellington Point and
Cleveland due to an incident requiring emergency services.
There are delays of up to 30 minutes.
Rail replacement buses have been arranged to get you moving again.
Trains suspended - Wellington Point to Cleveland | Translink
Seems been out since late peak. Something has occurred at Ormiston according to QR FB.
All line trains travelling in both directions are delayed up to 30 minutes due to a signalling issue at Bowen Hills.`
Ferny Grove line trains are currently suspended between Bowen Hills and Mitchelton due to a signalling issue at Bowen Hills. There are delays of up to 60 minutes. Rail replacement buses are being arranged.
More info: https://bit.ly/4nex0Ty
Update: All line trains travelling in both directions are delayed up to 30 minutes due to a signalling issue at Bowen Hills. Northern train lines will service Albion and run express Albion to Roma Street.
For more info: https://bit.ly/485HDDH
Via Exhibition.
services are expected to remain suspended in both directions between Wellington Point and Cleveland until 5:00pm this afternoon.
QR FB
the signalling issue at Bowen Hills has been resolved. Services are resuming normal operations through the Inner City. Residual delays of up to 60 minutes for the Ferny Grove line and delays of up to 30 minutes on all other lines are expected.
QR FB

