Little idea I had. What if an operator had a route (e.g. 560) and had to run a specific vehicle type on it (e.g. Volvo B8RLE Volgren Optimus)?
I imagine this could be hard to implement, as particular buses/drivers don’t continue to run the same route all day, but rotate through a number of routes throughout the day.
I know., but just as like , if you had your say in the fleet and scheduling
Like for me, it will be Artics all day on the 555
Artics anywhere north or RBWH would be nice to see ![]()
The 333 would definitely benefit from a 14.5 metre but then they would have to redo the Chermside Interchange
I do occasionally see 14.5s on the 598/599 and I remember tracking one last year on the 333.
Maybe when the new Southbound Gympie Road platform at chermside is completed ![]()
I would put artics on the 680 chermside to redcliffe via north lakes PERMANENTLY
Once saw an MAN NG313F Artic (1618) on a 186…
Rookie numbers ![]()
Would the 14.5s be run by Sherwood or Eagle Farm?? If E had some, they could run them on the 330
When the MAN artics were introduced they would frequently be seen allocated to 180s. This was not one of my home routes at the time, and even now I don’t normally travel on this part, but I would not have wanted to be on one of these trying to make its way up Cavendish Road inbound after crossing Creek Road.
I think 680 needs to be split. It’s far too long (1:36 off-peak, during school days). Redcliffe to Petrie (:57), then Petrie to Chermside (:39) as separate routes.
It’s not evenly in half, but I think Petrie makes sense as an interchange point, serving both of the area’s railway lines, Moreton Bay Central, the university campus, and TAFE Centre of Excellence.
It seems like Petrie is turning into a proper CBD for MBCC.


