Worst bus trips you have ever had

What is the worst bus trips you have ever had?

I remember once on a 690 as we were going along the bridge the back door suddenly opened

I spent six months in America as a kid and the big yellow school bus I was on ended up at 45 degrees sideways in a ditch. To be honest, nine-year-old-me kind of thought it was awesome.

5 Likes

A rail replacement trip in Sydney in 2009 - somewhere out near Cabramatta I think, on what would have been at the time a Veolia B12BLE. The driver was being very rough on the gear, and the poor transmission could not cope. At stages it felt like being on a tram with full service / emergency braking being applied.

1 Like

I had a similar trip out to Cabramatta on a rail replacement bus, I think it was a few years before that. The bus was packed the route was so long and winding to stop at each station and I had a huge backpack to manage too. Deeply unpleasant.

Was on a 555 today (117CBS) and these people had all thier luggage in the aisle, which was annoying as it is a dual door artic and was standing room only.

Ha, mine was Stateside too! Just arrived in Seattle, December 2008, in the midst of a one-in-twenty-years snowstorm. The 174 (since defunct) normally took 45 min to reach downtown; instead it took 2¾ hours.

If you’re ever going to Vietnam for a trip, please do not get a public bus in Hanoi from the Airport into the city late at night. Driver seemed to be on some kind of drug which is totally legal over there. The bus was a 50 year old hunk of Soviet era junk, like it probably entered service at the end of the Vietnam war or something. I also swear the driver was trying to double charge me for being a tourist.

Fuck Moi and I thought Melbournes Skybus was bad but it pales in comparison to this.

Should add once we were in Hanoi proper we saw a mix of these old buses and the slightly newer but still outdated ones. Not a good look sending the worse of your buses to airport. I thought the thing was going to fall apart.

From then on I never took a local bus unless it was chartered by the tour I was on. The buses in Ho Chi Minh City though looked like the complete opposite. Modern, clean, brand new and Chinese.

anyways this was a few years ago now.