On the network

And this is why we need to move forward with the concept of line numbers instead of using origin/destination pairs like BDVL, BRRW, FGBN, etc.

3 Likes

It makes it easier for tourists too. Line 1 can be the Sunny and Gold Coast line.

1 Like

Looks like it has been sorted …

2 Likes

Another impact this is having is a significant reduction in peak hour frequency for Nundah and Toombul. None of the usual cannon hill are running through the stations, so they are both getting some appalling (for an inner-city station) 15 minute waits during peak.

I can’t see why this change was necessary tbch. Can’t the Airport originators just terminate at Boggo Road?

1 Like

Im assuming the terminating capacity at boggo road has been drastically reduced with the elimination of the points on the north side of dutton Park station.

1 Like

I would assume that post CRR, terminating at Boggo road would become a bit easier because you could terminate trains and turn them around at platforms 3&4, as only platforms 1 and 2 would be used for regular through service to the Cleveland line due to Beenleigh/GC trains being moved underground

3 Likes

X: The 7:10am Kippa-Ring to Milton train is cancelled due to trains driving to foggy conditions. https://bit.ly/4nzEgtx

:fog:

1 Like

Managed a journey Darra to Fortitude Valley and return today. I don’t get out on the network as often as I once did, but one thing that was very noticeable were the dirty NGRs. Interior was generally ok but the exterior, including the outside of the windows were noticeably very dirty. And to think it will be these NGRs that will carry the flag for CRR. Not a good look! :eyes:

3 Likes

I noticed this on the last train I travelled on as well. I was wondering whether it was just the unit I was on, but it sounds like it might be a wider issue.

1 Like

Do the NGRs only get washed at Wulkaraka or do they also get washed at Normanby?

Perhaps the small rollingstock fleet isn’t helping with the cleanliness of the NGRs’ exterior. They cannot be pulled out of service to be deep cleaned without impacting the rest of the QR fleet.

1 Like

Some of the NGRs notably have seen a deep clean. See 735 which just rolled through EJ as an example.

5 Likes

That one’s actually silver! :laughing:

Neat. A clean NGR!

1 Like

New road and active path connections to Nudgee station.

4 Likes

Had to use the bathrooms at South Bank station for an emergency, and that bathroom was in such a state of disrepair.

The cubicle door was failing to close properly, and had to force it in. The lock was also very loose, screws were handing out and the luck as almost about to fall out.

The ventilation is very poor or non-existant as well. I could strongly smell the business happening in the cubicle next to me (must be embarrassing for him, poor guy).

The ceiling is also pretty mouldy possible due to the poor ventilation in the bathroom. There were lost of green splotched of mould everywhere on ceiling.

And this is on platform 1, the platform that has been upgraded not to long ago. And it’s already in such state of disrepair.

2 Likes

I can’t vouch for South Bank’s, but the South Brisbane train station toilets aren’t that bad in comparison. Its just sorta abysmal that there’s only one cubicle, and one urinal in the men’s restroom, for a major train station located within metropolitan Brisbane.

I think it definitely reflects a broader, cultural view here within Australia, that spaces for personal hygiene should be restricted, and hard-to-find. Try finding a toilet in Queen St in the CBD, past 8:30pm haha… Or try finding a toilet at Cultural Centre past 6pm….

This isn’t the case in other countries, like the USA, where a public toilet can be found within almost any restaurant, business, etc.

3 Likes

Seems like needing to go to the bathroom in public is a sign of indiscipline in this country. ā€œNow you feel like going to the bathroom? Why couldn’t you do that before we left home?ā€

We need to consider that people have to go to the bathroom at different times regardless of circumstance. And we need to implement and maintain the features that cater for such (i.e. installing decent public bathrooms in public places, especially busy ones).

4 Likes

I’ve often wondered if having public toilets at stations accessible by go card or credit card might be a (partial) solution. Not for payment, but simply as a method of monitoring. I do understand there would be privacy concerns about this, though.

It might be controversial in Australia but as someone who’s extensively used rail networks in Europe, the paid bathrooms at their train stations are beautiful.

$1 (I think it’s $1.50 now though) to access clean, well maintained facilities was a luxury we happily paid for as the money went towards employing the full time cleaner stationed outside. They were almost always spotless.

Would it work here? Would we tolerate it? No idea. By far the best public transport bathrooms we’ve ever used though.

4 Likes