I assume they got those when they got the new Pimpama ones as well
Came across this one on YouTube. I like the general idea behind it, but like most QR announcements it feels long winded and it wonât take long before it gets annoying. They should be short, sharp and consise.
âNow arriving at Roma Street⌠Change here for suburban rail services to Ipswich, Rosewood and Springfield Central, long distance rail and coach services, and busway services⌠Doors will open on the right hand sideâŚâ
âNow arriving at Boggo Road⌠Change here for rail services to Cleveland, as well as busway services to the University of Queensland, the PA Hospital and The Gabba⌠Doors will open on the right hand sideâŚâ
It shouldnât be THAT hard.
Theyâve outdone themselves and actually gotten worse.
Who writes this stuff. Theyâve also dropped mention of the Ipswich/Roseword and Springfield lines.
I feel like council has to pay Melanie Zanetti royalties every time her voice is projected from the Brisbane Metroâs speakers.
Council should lowkey just buy the rights to Melanie Zanettiâs voice, so then they can use AI-generative voice platforms like Elevenlabs indefinitely, to conjure her voice to say:
âNow arriving at Boggo Road busway station⌠Change here for rail services to Cleveland.â
âNow arriving at Kismet St busway station⌠Change here for the high frequency 200 City BUZ, for any commuters wishing to disembark at the East Leagues Club in Coorparoo.â
âNow arriving at Windsor busway station⌠Change here for the Ferny Grove line.â
âNow arriving at Carseldine busway station. Change here for the turn up nâ go Carseldine train station. This Metro terminates here.â
âNow arriving at Redland Bay busway station. Change here for the Russell Island-Macleay Island ferry. This Metro terminates here.â
This is the last thing I want to hear, if Iâm feeling light-headed and slightly dizzy on an NGR ![]()
Just sybau Queensland Rail: âchange here for the high frequency cultural centre busway station with connections to the south east and northern buswaysâ is a whole lotta word VOMITING ![]()
Did Brisbane City Council pay you to include that? ![]()
![]()
![]()
Iâd put good money on that
NOOOOOO THANKS.
Sheâs a good voice actor but not a good announcer in the slightest. Her announcements on the Metrobuses are just too fast paced and easy to miss, lacking any kind of cadence or pacing.
Itâs like she just says something like a mumble and thatâs it. Ross Newth meanwhile actually knows how to make an announcement.
Iâm guessing the writer gets paid by the wordâŚ
I feel like they dropped the âCustomers for the Ipswich or Springfield lines, please change trains hereâ announcements on southbound trains because they already made the announcement for Central station; the expect passengers to change at Central.
This doesnât provide any more info comparied to âCustomers for the BuswayMcBussyface busway station, prepare to disembarkâ. Itâs just more waffle.
Just to follow on from my last post, I caught an M1 last night and in the lead up to each station the colour display screens shows âPlaces of Interestâ, âBusâ - which display high frequency services servicing that station and, at South Bank at least I did notice train connections listed - Iâm pretty sure Iâve seen these trains connections listed at Cultural Centre too, but as I caught the Metro from there I couldnât confirm that.
One thing I need to double check is at Buranda - I donât recall seeing the connection to the Cleveland Line being indicated.
The one for Helensvale is laugable.
It mentions âHelensvale Busway Stationâ (Gee the SE Busway must have been extended 40km overnight) and then goes on about bus connections to Robina, which would just confuse people because why would you uses buses to reach Robina when your train is already going there.
Letâs all laugh at QR.
Is this the blown out CRR costs - new messages for trains ![]()
Give it a few more months and youâll end up with something like:
Welcome aboard the train and thanks for riding with us. Shortly we will be arriving at Roma Street station. Roma Street station is your station to access Roma Street parklands, the law precinct, Wickham terrace health services and Caxton street entertainment precinct. You can also use Roma Street station to change for all suburban trains, high frequency buses on the northern and south east busway, long distance travel train services, interstate train services to New South Wales, and the Brisbane Coach Terminal. Now arriving at Roma Street station. Prepare to disembark.
I havenât had the pleasure yet (I will be going for a run to Pimpama on Saturday), but I was in Sydney for a lot of the last 2 weeks and the auditory pollution down there is getting worse and worse - both on trains and trams. It would give QR a serious run for its money.
I took a Sunday return trip to Katoomba on what is probably the last occasion I will ever ride on a V set in service (the D sets commenced limited operations to the Blue Mountains the following day). It was heaven being on those things with only the garbled guard announcements (ânext stop Blaxlandâ). There was trackwork between Granville and Penrith so as soon as we were back onto a suburban train, it didnât stop. The announcement coming into Central must seriously be a minute long. Taylor Owens has a fantastic voice but they donât ever let her stop speaking!
âNow arriving at Roma Street⌠Change here for suburban rail services to Ipswich, Rosewood and Springfield Central, long distance rail and coach services, and busway services⌠Doors will open on the right hand sideâŚâ
looks good but you forgot the nsw trainlink xpt, although to be fair they donât announce those on the trains in the first place but I think they should:
âNow arriving at Roma Street⌠Change here for connections to all suburban lines, interstate and Long distance rail services, and coach and busway services⌠Doors will open on the right hand sideâŚâ
No point in mentioning it when the only departure for Sydney is at an ungodly 5am (or 6am when NSW is using AEST).
Plus the 14:30 bus that connects to Casino for the overnight run to Sydney ![]()
Donât tell me they actually mention the âHelensvale Busway Stationâ in the onboard announcements.