Hopefully they give it all a good pressure clean once done.
Yeah. Even just a new floor and shelters would go a long way!
While the existing platforms of Roma Street may not match the newer sections, I would still argue that Central is much more in need of investment that Roma Street.
Well ideally both would be done. Central station was meant to be redeveloped years ago and who knows what happened there.
I hope thereâs a line above the word Sydney that lists the busway still, guessing that itâs:
P1 & P2 - busway
P2 rail - XPTs
P3-P9 Sectors 2 & 3
P10 - TravelTrain
P11 & P12 - Sector 1
Sidenote, is this the first time theyâve mentioned the XPTs in signage?
I think it makes sense to put off major work at Central until Albert Street is operating so the train and foot traffic at Central will be substantially reduced.
Agree, Albert Street being not uphill and closer to most newer CBD commercial foot traffic / workers, will be a popular station. Would allow them to close Central entirely for substantive work.
Or close one island platform at a time and hardly affect the flow of trains or people is the more likely outcome.
Closing it entirely would be very difficult. You donât really want all of the city-bound passengers trying to get on CRR trains at Roma St. Could probably close sections however and limit the access given the smaller number of people using it. Closing the concourse and only having the tunnel open for a while, for example, might be possible.
Yeh of course. I donât expect it would be unless they find considerable defects they have to address. Iâm moreso pointing out Albert Street now gives you flexibility that you can possibly do a more substantive re-build if you need. Project wise, it can be quicker to get a station back open sooner by having it closed the entire time.
If you shut Central, youâd still cause more clog up at Roma Street/Boggo Road for those transferring to other lines
Hereâs a matching Platform 2 shot I took the other night. It says âBusesâ above âTrains to Sydneyâ
iPhone Photo by Nathan Murray, on Flickr
Looks like a little bit more of Albert Street has been revealed since my last visit, with the removal of some hoarding around the area adjacent to the northern Station Entrance. It looks like the station sign is now covered, new bollards are being added and new seating along the garden edge has also been installed. Here are a few quick photos from when I quickly walked through this morning, but I hope to have time for a better look tomorrow (and get some shots of new bike racks installed down the end, which I missed this time.)
iPhone Photo 01.06.2026 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr
iPhone Photo 01.06.2026 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr
iPhone Photo 01.06.2026 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr
iPhone Photo 01.06.2026 by Nathan Murray, on Flickr
Interesting theyâve covered up the Albert Street Station sign, it disappeared when I poked around for a look on Sunday
It makes sense in my opinion - you donât want signage to be up and visible that points to a non-operational station.
Call Albert Street Meanjin and just leave Roma Street as Roma Street. Exhibition should be called Bowen Bridge
Letâs just leave Albert Street as is considering the signs are already installed and thatâs what it was always going to be.
As stated above, Meanjin is no longer the preferred Indigenous name for Brisbane, which is specifically why it was excluded as an option in the public vote naming Albert Street Station.
As for Exhibition, the VAST majority of people have no knowledge of what Bowen Bridge is, let alone where it is.
Why not call it RBWH then. Or Gregory Terrace station.
Personally I would call it Tivoli.


